• Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams and blueprints.
• Be familiar with a wide range of equipment and troubleshooting techniques.
• Experience making repair and replacement decisions.
• Advanced customer service skills.
• Acquire additional NATE certification within 6 months of employment.
• Demonstrate a willingness to accept responsibility and leadership roles.
• Operate scissors and genie lifts in a safe manner.
• Knowledge of basic sheet metal practices.
• Knowledge of air balancing principles and techniques.
Duties, Roles, and Responsibilities
• Provide hand and power tools (list provided)
• Perform air balance with velometer or hood and recognize when and what problems exist from the test.
• Layout, design and install low voltage wiring.
• Compile a complete materials lists.
• Verify and coordinate HVAC building code compliance.
• Communicate clearly, the ideas and explanations of problems to customers and coworkers.
• Train, instruct and oversee other employees.
• Present training seminars and classes for in-house meetings.
• Troubleshooting equipment; make repair and replacement decisions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Acquire commercial and residential planned maintenance agreements.
• Calculate equipment efficiency and operating costs.
• Writing work order for projects sold.
• Responsible for follow-up process on each work order.
• Coordinate and remain current on all local utility programs.
• Converse with facilities engineers, building and homeowners, and general contractors*
• Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
• Run after-hours calls as required.
• Complete all warranty paperwork and service related forms properly.
• Rotate on-call status for emergency service.
• Spiff for planned maintenance agreement & equipment leads.
• 90 days after starting.
Tool Purchase Program
• Purchase of tools through paycheck deduction program.
Training and Education
• Tuition Reimbursement Program, up to 100% for classes directly applicable to job functions.
• Periodic training from various equipment manufacturers, local utilities, national industry associations and
Salt Air, Inc. in-house training programs. Both mandatory and voluntary.
• Five (5) paid holidays after first complete year.
Memorial Day/Independence Day/Labor Day/ Thanksgiving Day/Christmas Day
• One (1) week after first complete year.
• Two (2) weeks after fifth complete year.