Service Tech Level 1
Reports To: Service Manager
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude
- Valid drivers license
- Willingness to invest in tools used in the Service of HVAC equipment
- Willingness to invest time in training seminars and classes.
- Operate power and hand tools safely
- Basic knowledge of electrical and refrigeration principles.
- Basic knowledge of service tools and testing devices.
- Perform filter changes and do filter checklist paperwork unassisted.
- Perform planned maintenance with the assistance of a Service Technician 3 or 4
- Follow directions as given.
- Work from 28’ extension ladder and 12’ step ladder.
- Commit to developing customer service skills
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities
- Arrive at jobsite at scheduled time and location as dispatched.
- Relocate from one jobsite to another jobsite as dispatched during the workday.
- Report to the dispatcher when arriving and leaving jobsite.
- Operate company vehicle as needed.
- Follow instructions from supervisor and carry out in a timely manner.
- Report problems with company tools or vehicle promptly.
- Report problems with equipment to Dispatcher to expedite parts delivery.
- Purchase required tools as listed.
- On-call status for emergency service as required.
- Ability to work staggered schedule if required.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Complete all service related forms properly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position pay range
- Hourly, based on skills, experience, performance and ongoing training attendance.
- Spiff for planned maintenance agreements.
- Health Insurance after 90 days of employment.
Tool Purchase Program
- Purchase of tools through paycheck deduction program.
Training and Education
- Tuition Reimbursement Program, up to 100% for classes directly applicable to job functions.
- Periodic training from various equipment manufacturers, local utilities, national industry associations, and Salt Air Heating & Cooling in-house training programs. Both mandatory and voluntary.
- Five (5) paid holidays after first complete year.
- One (1) week after first complete year.
- Two (2) weeks after fifth complete year.