Job Title: Office Assistant
Work Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
Primary Job Functions: Responsible for handling customer calls and routing to the appropriate department or paging personnel as necessary. To give office support to the entire company as needed using a variety of computer and organizational skills. Maintain the product literature for the sales staff. Other accounting support as directed by the Office Manager.
Reports to: Office Manager
- Retrieve messages from answering service and route appropriately.
- Answer all incoming calls and route to the appropriate person.
- Take messages and page personnel as necessitated.
- Schedule service calls as directed.
- Prepare letters, marketing pieces, and spreadsheets as requested.
- Maintain product literature inventory.
- Receive and distribute daily US mail and internal mail.
- Collate accounts payable packing slips with purchase orders.
- As vendor invoices are received collate with packing slip and purchase order, then update accounting software.
- File Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable invoices after update to accounting software.
- Confirm Vendor statements with vendor balance in accounting software.
- Order office supplies and maintain / control supply inventory.
- Update service database from each service ticket.
- Other duties as assigned.
Performance Indicators: Certain key business indicators that will measure the effectiveness of the Office Assistant. These include the following:
- Promptness of answering calls.
- Promptness of retrieving messages
- Efficiency level with respect to preparing letters, marketing pieces, and spreadsheets.
- Communication skills.
- Timeliness and accuracy of accounting data entry.
- Filing accuracy.
- Number of times office supply items are out of stock.