HVAC Installation Apprentice
Job Title: Installation Apprentice
Work Hours: 8:00 – 4:30, Monday through Friday, some overtime
Reports To: Installation Manager
- At station ready to work at 8:00
- Review project daily with lead or Installation Manager, request tools, materials, or equipment needed for the next day by 2:00pm.
- Complete paperwork daily, recording all hours and materials used on each job, turn into Installation Manager.
- Complete quality project on or below budgeted labor hours, to company installation standards.
- Inform Installation Manager by 9:00 or 3:00 of any stocking items, or fabrication needed for the project
- Assist Warehouse Person or Fabricator if directed with stocking, pulling jobs, deliveries, or fabrication.
- Keep entire work area neat and organized and free of scrap and debris
- Other duties as assigned.
Performance Indicators: Certain key business indicators that will measure the effectiveness of the Journeyman Installer. These include the following:
- Number of times projects are not installed on schedule
- Efficiency in producing shop items, by providing accurate drawings and dimensions.
- Accuracy of paper work, install hours & materials charged to projects and turned in timely.
- Number of times Installation Manager was not advised that the project was behind schedule
- Number of warranty callbacks on workmanship that are processed for the Installer each month.
- Number of times fittings are built, or installed incorrectly.
- Cleanliness and organization of the project and van.
- Equipment, tool, or vehicle breaks due to lack of proper maintenance or neglect
- Number of times a project fails inspection or quality check.
- *Apprentices are to be evaluated and to perform at a skill level equivalent to their ability and training provided.